Open bioinformatician position in the field of evolution of infectious diseases
We are recruiting bioinformaticians at postdoc, PhD student or research assistant level who are eager to pursue groundbreaking biological research in areas such as genomics and evolution of antibiotic resistance genes, genome engineering and phage therapy.
The successful candidate will work together with the labs of Balázs Papp and Bálint Kintses. The labs are hosted at the Biological Research Centre (BRC) in Szeged, which is a Centre of Excellence of the European Union. In addition, the candidate will also be affiliated with the Hungarian Centre of Excellence for Molecular Medicine, a partner institute of EMBL (HCEMM-EMBL). Szeged is a thriving university town with a large community of international students and highly affordable living costs.
What we offer:
● Possibility to work on cutting-edge interdisciplinary research projects connecting biology with medicine and experiments with computation (e.g. see Nature Microbiology 2019, Nature Communications 2019)
● Opportunities to collaborate with industry (biotech/pharma)
● Possibility to earn a PhD.
● Training program in project management, scientific writing, visual communication, entrepreneurship, leadership and data science
● Competitive salary and travel allowance. The employment contract includes health insurance.
Whom we are looking for:
○ MSc or PhD in bioinformatics, biology, medical sciences, mathematics, computer science or equivalent.
○ Research experience in bioinformatics. Relevant publication is a must for postdoc candidates.
○ Demonstrated experience in programming in at least one scripting language (R or Python) and Linux command line.
○ Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
● Experience in the field of statistical methods, phylogenetics, NGS, and metagenomics is an advantage.
Please apply by sending an email to: email@example.com with 1) a cover letter including a short summary of research interests, 2) curriculum vitae (CV) including list of published papers, 3) contact details of at least two academic referees (3 for postdoc candidates), and 4) a filled GDPR form. Please indicate the number of this advertisement: 3/2021, in the subject of the email. Deadline: 20 Feb 2021. Earliest starting date: 1 March 2021.